Skip to main content

My Favourite Teacher Blogs


EDTS 325

After digging through the deep, dark rabbit hole that is teacher blogs, I have learnt a lot. Every blog is unique in its own way. Some have its own theme in education, such as elementary or high school, teacher advice, or experiment ideas. Some have very professional writing styles, whereas others are more laid back and simple. Some sell their resources, whereas others just write and give advice, and some are ran by groups and others just ran by an individual teacher. Three teacher blogs stuck out to me that I know will be useful and are worth sharing!

A teacher blog I found that will be very useful to me is The Trendy Science Teacher. This blog is valuable to me because I want to be a science teacher when I graduate. Filled with several different types of labs and experiments for all ages, I am provided with a lot of fun ideas, along with general ideas and thoughts when it comes to teaching. This blog is worth following because of its fun and colourful layout that is super easy to navigate with a variety of topics! This makes it not only enjoyable and easy to read, but also very handy.

Another useful blog that I found was Free Technology for Teachers. In my future classroom, I want to make use of technology. This blog can help provide me with many resources on ways I can utilize technology in the classroom. With the continuously changing world of technology, it will be useful to keep up with the trends and helpful tips so you can provide the best education for your students, which makes this blog one that is worth following.

A final blog I found is all about classroom management, called Smart Classroom Management. Classroom management is an important task when it comes to teaching. This blog is valuable to me because it provides several posts when it comes to creating an inclusive and welcoming classroom, and also dealing with difficult situations. This blog is worth following because I believe you can never know too much about classroom management, as it is something that you need to always be focusing on in your classroom. It can be useful to help you problem solve and give you several ideas on how to deal with a variety of different situations.

These three blogs are only a fraction of what is out there for teacher blogs on the internet. Anything you can think of can be found on a teacher blog, so start searching!

Photo Credit: Getty Images


Comments

  1. I very much enjoyed this blog entry! The way you talk about other blogs is so uplifting and positive, it made me venture and read the attached blogs as well! Very well written, grammar spot on. I look forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Google Tools for the Classroom - the Best Invention!

    Google is something I have used for a huge chunk of my life, both in a personal and school context. I would say I am very familiar with google, though I wouldn't say I am an expert. I am pretty advanced with technology and how to run Google, but prior to this lesson, there was a lot of Google apps that I had no idea existed. I already knew about Google Maps, as I use that tool pretty often. It is one of my favourites, because it is so easy to use and informative. It not only can show you directions and distances, but you can also go to locations and it will give you a blurb telling about the place, and showing photos. It combines Google Search, Maps, and Images into one, which I think is really useful in the classroom so students don't have to have several pages open just to find information about one place. It is very easy to use, and informative. It also can be a way for students to learn about other countries and cultures throughout the world, as they can observe differe

What I've Gained from EDTS 325 - A Reflection

     Technology has been a pig part of my life. Whether it be school, work, or personal means, technology has incorporated itself into it. Throughout EDTS 325, I have learnt many things about technology that I can use within my classroom.      Coming into this class, I didn't really know how much I was going to learn. I already felt very comfortable with technology, and didn't think there was a lot more I could learn when it came to using it in the classroom. I was already familiar with Google and a bunch of its apps, having used them throughout middle and high school, and I didn't really know how much more complicated or in depth it could get. But wow, was I wrong! I learnt so much through this class, that I know I can use in my future classroom! I learnt a lot about how important technology can be in the classroom, and how you can make it have a strong purpose. I found out so many tools that can be both fun for the students, but hit lots of important outcomes. One that es